Love Purple. Live Gold. The passion and excellence that LSU stands for has earned it a coveted "Tier One" spot in U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges of 2013 for the fifth year in a row. As the flagship university in the LSU System, LSU has been preparing students for rewarding careers for nearly 150 years. Today, LSU is equally proud of our strides to make education more accessible through innovative online degree programs that are every bit as rigorous as our on-campus programs.
Through the dedication of an exceptional faculty and staff, LSU is one of only 30 universities in the United States designated as a land-grant, sea-grant and space-grant institution. In addition, LSU is the only public top tier university—and the only university in Louisiana—to be honored as a "very high research activity" category by the Carnegie Foundation.
As a leader in online education, student access to technology is a top priority at LSU. Our online degree programs are removing the geographic, time and financial barriers that often prevent students from achieving their education goals. Today, students can earn a master's degree online. The online degree program includes the same comprehensive core content that is offered on campus. Every online course is taught by a respected member of the LSU faculty.
LSU offers several master's degree programs online, including:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with a Specialization in Business Analytics
- Master of Business Administration with a Specialization in Internal Auditing
- M.A. in Education with a Specialization in Higher Education Administration
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Human Resource Education with a Concentration in Human Resource and Leadership Development
- Master of Science in Human Resource Education with a Concentration in Workforce Development
- Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Specialization in Sport Management
- M.S. in Construction Management
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Construction Management
Louisiana State University and A&M College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Louisiana State University and A&M College.
The E.J. Ourso College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)-a distinction bestowed on only five percent of business schools worldwide.
Louisiana State University is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
LSU's construction management bachelor degree program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE), a leading global advocate of quality construction education programs. The MS in Construction Management program is to be submitted for accreditation by Fall 2015 through ACCE.