What is keeping you from getting ahead at work? Are you your own barrier to career success, or is something else holding you back? Getting an online Master of Business Administration (MBA) could help you get on track to reach your professional goals.
Tips for success
It all starts with the right attitude. If you are not careful, the wrong mindset can become a huge obstacle to what you are trying to achieve. To remove any mental hurdles, follow these tips from Inc. magazine:
- Define your goals. If you want a high-level position with more pay, examine what it takes to get there and make no excuses. Enroll in an online MBA program to start on the path to a better career. Keep your eyes on the prize, envision yourself getting to the finish line and go for it.
- Put yourself in a situationÂ where your strengths can shine and your weaknesses are minimized. An online MBA program can help you discover your strong suits and the areas that need improvement. And you can take what you learn from your educational pursuits into the workplace. Knowing what you are good at can help you choose a career that is compatible with your skills and talents, rather than one that may be less fulfilling.
- Advance your own priorities, and stop being a people-pleaser. You cannot say yes to everyone and everything. Focus on the tasks and projects that are in direct alignment with your career goals and avoid those that are a distraction. Of course, there are situations where you must be a team player, and that is one of the areas where the right attitude can make a significant impact on your and your team's success.
What you will learn
In an online MBA program, you can study the art of negotiation, team building, problem solving and talent development, as well as the basics of business, such as statistics, finance, economics and marketing. And as an MBA graduate, you can also gain access to an extensive alumni network to help with career advancement.
MBA graduates are versatile enough to work in just about any industry. According to recent data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the following jobs are in demand for MBA graduates and are projected to have hiring growth as well as solid salaries:
- Operations research analyst
- IT manager
- Management analyst
- Financial analyst
- HR manager
- Information security analyst
An online MBA program offers plenty of flexibility for working students and those with time and family commitments. Classes are completely virtual, so you can study at your own pace and earn an MBA in 12-16 months.
An MBA is indicative of a "go-getter" and "high achiever." Give your career a step in the right direction.
Learn more about the LSU online MBA program.
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.