Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification Program
For questions regarding this program or to speak to an enrollment advisor please call 844-721-7503.
CFP Certification is a nationally and internationally recognized professional certification offered through the CFP® Board. Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. awards the CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification to individuals who fulfill initial and ongoing certification requirements. Those requirements are:
- Satisfy the educational requirements
- Complete a minimum of three years of work experience in a financial planning field
- Pass the CFP Certification Examination
- Compliance with CFP Board's Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Continuing education and recertification
Who Should Attend?
- Financial planners interested in achieving their CFP certification so that they may achieve more credibility in their chosen field and provide a higher level of service to their clients
- Professionals who have a desire to understand the different components of financial planning
- Individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in financial planning
Prior Learning Credits
Turn your professional certifications into college degree credits! Earning your CFP certification not only offers opportunities for career advancement but also grants you prior learning credits toward earning an LSU undergraduate or graduate degree. Degree credit for the CFP certification may be used to pursue a degree on LSU’s main campus or via LSU Online.