Policies & Guidelines
Carefully read the current grant program policies for the QSM Grant Program before you submit your proposal. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Thursday, June 15, 2023:
Last day for post-award receipt submission and final report
- Sunday, September 10, 2023:
Last day of 2023–2024 QSM Grant application period
Please click on each section for more information and tips!
- View announcements for official dates.
- Bookmark our website and visit often.
- Carefully review QSM Grant Program Policies before you determine your project needs.
- Review grant application questions, then prepare a clear, complete response for each.
- Tip: Use a word document from which you cut and paste section responses into the online form.
- Prepare a budget that includes all necessary items for project implementation.
- Tip: Eliminate ineligible budget items.
- Tip: Shipping costs may be included, but not taxes.
- Discuss your proposal with your department head and principal.
- Tip: Consider attending a QSM Grant Writing Workshop (optional).
- Complete and submit a QSM grant proposal through the grant management portal.
- Your grant proposal is then scored and ranked by a panel of reviewers.
- Reviewers may modify an award to adjust for the inclusion of consumable materials or added taxes.
- Occasionally, reviewers may provide feedback and allow you to amend and re-submit your proposal during a future round.
- If your proposal is selected, the panel will contact you and your principal.
- Before you may accept your award:
- upload your Principal Statement of Support;
- and, unless your school is already a registered LSU Supplier, have your school administrator or accountant register your school.
- If your proposal is not accepted, the panel will solely contact you.
- Applicants must officially accept the award through the grant management portal.
- LSU will send a check directly to your school.
- In cases where there are multiple award recipients at one school, LSU will issue a single check for the total award amount.
- Submit receipts of approved budget items as proof of purchase in accordance with QSM grant policies.
- All grant funds must be used as specified in the approved proposal.
- Notify email@example.com for a budget update and short justification approval.
- Budget change requests must be approved prior to any purchase.
- A Final Report form that details the project implementation is required.