Virtual Biotech Networking Event
The Biotech Networking Event allows LSU students and alumni to network with local and nationwide employers recruiting for a variety of internship and full-time positions within the medical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, and related biotech industries. Employers will share more about their industry, market trends, and future job opportunities while helping students and alumni grow their professional network. This event is co-hosted with the College of Engineering Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering.
Date: September 29, 2022
Time: 10 a.m.—2 p.m.
Location: Virtual, accessed via the Handshake event page
Virtual Biotech Networking Event Sponsors Coming Soon!
Coming soon! Employers, learn more about becoming an event sponsor below.
Students and Alumni Information
LSU virtual career fairs are open to current students of LSU system campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus.
- Alumni: Alumni must have an active Handshake account to access this event. If you do not already have a Handshake account, create it here. See additional note below.
- All Students and Alumni: To participate in this event, you must sign up for 1:1 or Group Sessions with employers you are interested in meeting with. You will browse registered employers in advance, and select the sessions that fit your schedule and interests. See the steps below for signing up for sessions.
Step 1: Sign Up for Sessions
- Beginning September 15 (two weeks before the event): Begin signing up for 1:1 and Group Sessions to meet with employers.
- To sign up, click Register on the Handshake event page, then sign up for sessions that fit your schedule.
- Tips for signing up for sessions:
- View this how-to article on Signing up for and Managing Virtual Fair Sessions.
- Check back often as employers will continue to add sessions up until the event date.
- 1:1 Sessions are 10 minutes long and open to one student and one employer representative.
- Group Sessions are 30 minutes long and open to multiple students.
- Sessions are limited, so we encourage you to schedule in advance. Sign ups are permitted on the day of the event.
- See helpful Virtual Handshake Event Resources in Step 4 below to learn how to make the most of your sessions!
Step 2: Upload Your Résumé and Mark it as Visible
- At this event, employers will rely on your résumé to learn more about you beyond what can be shared during a 1:1 or Group Session. Our team has to review and approve your résumé once you upload it to Handshake. If your résumé is not set to Visible, they won't be able to view it. Learn how to upload your résumé to Handshake, then learn how to mark your résumé as Visible.
Step 3: Register for Event Preparation Opportunities
- Make an Appointment
- Register for a virtual appointment to chat about a variety of career-related topics including major or career decision making, job search support, career coaching, and more.
- Drop-in Hours
- Stop by from 8:30 a.m.—4 p.m. for a quick 10-minute discussion with any of your career readiness questions. We can work on any aspect of the process that you'd like; review your resume, talk about job searching, etc
Step 4: Review Virtual Handshake Event Resources
- Download the LSU Virtual Career Event Guide for Students for elevator pitch templates, sample questions for employers, how to sign up for Sessions, and more recruiting event tips!
- Pre-recorded Event Prep Workshop with LSU Olinde Career Center and Insight Global. Hear tips on networking in a virtual space, how to sign up for sessions, and how to make the most of the largest recruiting event of the semester, from Ericka, Talent Acquisition Specialist, from Insight Global.
- Detailed guide to attending a fair from the experts at Handshake.
- Article on participating in a fair, complete with how to test your audio and video functions.
At this virtual event, your recruiters will schedule 1:1 and Group Sessions within the Handshake event for LSU students and alumni to sign up to learn more about your organization as a potential employer and any available internships, co-ops, part-time and full-time positions. This event is marketed to a wide variety of majors who are interested in careers in biotech related industries.
How to register:
Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at email@example.com.
- Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details on the virtual fair.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor. Learn more below and in the registration form!
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies webpage.
- Virtual Career Fair Placement
- Your organization’s logo will be placed in a Preferred Location on the virtual event page that students view. This placement will keep you top-of-mind for students browsing employers during the event. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Student Promotion
- Your organization will be promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages*, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization will be recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor and in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event*. You are also encouraged to tag @LSUCareerCenter in your social media posts and stories so that we can share onto our channels.
- Your organization will be recognized in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post following the event related to any open job postings listed in Handshake or company profile details listed in Handshake*. Please ensure these details are up-to-date prior to the event date so our team can coordinate this post.
Registration fee: $150