Kinesiology Career Fair
Students and alumni of a variety of majors who are interested in careers in kinesiology sign up to learn about potential employers, graduate programs, internships, co-ops, part-time and full-time positions. Information for students and alumni as well as registration instructions for employers can be found below.
Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Time: 1—4 p.m.
Location: LSU Student Union Ballroom
Kinesiology Career Fair Event Sponsors
Students and Alumni Information
This event is open to current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus. Pre-registration is not required. Considering graduate school for a healthcare degree? Or maybe you're seeking full-time jobs and internship in the healthcare industry. This is a great opportunity for you to practice networking and make connections with graduate programs and employers.
Practice your elevator pitch. This is the quick intro you will share with employers when first meeting them at Career Expo events.
Look up the employers and grad schools attending. Read up on their mission statements, curriculums, services or products they provide, or any industry trends. Then, draft questions you have about companies, schools, and opportunities. If possible, apply to any jobs you are interested in before the event.
Bring a few copies of your résumé. Not all employers will be able to take a copy for HR reasons, but some may be open to it. Build your résumé using our online resources and templates.
Business casual attire is strongly recommended, students seeking jobs or internships may benefit from wearing business professional attire.
JCPenney Suit Up: Need to freshen up your professional wardrobe? Check out JCPenney Suit Up, offering exclusive discounts to LSU students and alumni. Details coming soon.
Employers can register for events via Handshake.
- Log into Handshake to register for the event and select any event sponsorship options. Not a Handshake user? Create your free account today!
- Select the "Fairs" tab on the left navigation menu.
- Search for this event by entering "Louisiana State University" in the search bar. All LSU open event registrations will appear for you to browse.
- Select the event you would like to register for and proceed with the registration form.
Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please review the Employer Event Information Packet for details on the Kinesiology Career Fair.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering as an Event Sponsor.
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy.
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies page.
Registration Fee: $150
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
Event Sponsor Benefits
Your organization is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
To further your recruiting efforts, you will receive a digital résumé packet following the event which includes resumes for all students who checked-in for the event and also have a public résumé in Handshake. For virtual events, this includes all students who registered for the virtual event, whether they scheduled a session with your team or not.
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the event web page, Handshake student and employer event pages, and in all student and employer emails promoting the event.
- Your organization is recognized during the event as an Event Sponsor on sponsor signage at student check-in, in the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.
Sponsorship is $500 for this event.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not show up for the event, you will still be required to pay.