Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Civic Engagement
The mission of the Office of Diversity, Inclusion & Civic Engagement is to cultivate a welcoming and supportive culture for CHSE faculty, staff, and students through educational, engaging, diverse, and inclusive community outreach, programs, and initiatives.
LSU Commitment to Community
Louisiana State University is an interactive community in which students, faculty, and staff together strive to pursue truth, advance learning, and uphold the highest standards of performance in an academic and social environment.
It is a community that fosters individual development and the creation of bonds that transcend the time spent within its gates.
To demonstrate my pride in LSU, as a member of its community, I will:
- accept responsibility for my actions;
- hold myself and others to the highest standards of academic, personal and social integrity;
- practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations;
- respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences;
- respect the environment and the rights and properties of others and the university;
- contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community; and
- use my LSU experience to be an active citizen in an international and interdependent world.
The continued success of LSU depends on the faithful commitment by each community member to these, our basic principles.
Adopted as a “Statement of University Position” on behalf of the Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College community on the fifth of May in the year 1995.
Renée Boutte Myer
1100 Huey P. Long Field House
Stan Barrera (SOE)
Carol Barry (SLIS)
Jennifer Bevill (ULS)
Heidi Breaux (SSW)
Stephanie Eberts (SOE)
Wynde Jones (SLHRD)
Oluwagbemiga Dade Matthews (SOK)
Renée Myer (Dean's Office) - Co-Chair
Jada Thomas-Smith (SREC)
Keri Tobin (SOE) - Co-Chair