Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
3290G Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Louisiana State University
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Florida, 2020
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Florida, 2019
- B. Tech., Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology - Bhopal, India, 2014
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University, 2020 - 2022
- Mechanical Engineer (Design), Applied Materials, India, 2014 - 2016
- Mechanics of soft materials
- Constitutive modeling
- High strain rate characterization
- Scientific machine learning
- Brain biomechanics
- Upadhyay, K., Giovanis, D.G., Alshareef, A., Knutsen, A.K., Johnson, C.L., Carass, A., Bayly, P.V., Shields, M.D., & Ramesh, K.T. (2022). Data-driven Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Human Head Models. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 398, 115108. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2022.115108.
- Alshareef, A., Knutsen, A.K., Johnson, C.L., Carass, A., Upadhyay, K., Bayly, P.V., Pham, D.L., Prince, J.L., & Ramesh, K.T. (2021). Integrating Material Properties from Magnetic Resonance Elastography into Subject-Specific Computational Models for the Human Brain. Brain Multiphysics, 100038. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brain.2021.100038.
- Bayly, P.V., Alshareef, A., Knutsen, A.K., Upadhyay, K., Okamoto, R.J., Carass, A., Butman, J.A., Pham, D.L., Prince, J.L., Ramesh, K.T., & Johnson, C.L. (2021). MR imaging of human brain mechanics in vivo: New measurements to facilitate the development of computational models of brain injury. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 49, 2677-2692. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10439-021-02820-0.
- Upadhyay, K., Spearot, D., & Subhash, G. (2021). Validated Tensile Characterization of the Strain Rate Dependence in Soft Materials. International Journal of Impact Engineering, 156, 103949. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2021.103949.
- Upadhyay, K., Subhash, G., & Spearot, D. (2020). Visco-hyperelastic constitutive modeling of strain rate sensitive soft materials. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 135, 103777. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmps.2019.103777.
- Upadhyay, K., Subhash, G., & Spearot, D. (2020). Hyperelastic constitutive modeling of hydrogels based on primary deformation modes and validation under 3D stress states. International Journal of Engineering Science, 154, 103314. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijengsci.2020.103314.
- Luo, K., Upadhyay, K., Subhash, G., & Spearot, D.E. (2019). Transient-State Rheological Behavior of Poly(ethylene glycol) Diacrylate Hydrogels at High Shear Strain Rates. Macromolecules, 52(15), 5860-5871. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.9b00820.
- Upadhyay, K., Bhattacharyya, A., Subhash, G., & Spearot, D. (2019). Quasi-static and high strain rate simple shear characterization of soft polymers. Experimental Mechanics, 59(5), 733-747. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11340-019-00507-1.
- Upadhyay, K., Subhash, G., & Spearot, D. (2019). Thermodynamics-based stability criteria for constitutive equations of isotropic hyperelastic solids. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 124, 115-142. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmps.2018.09.038.