Dr. Scott E. Wilks, Associate Professor"Don't deny the inevitable."
- Ph.D. – University of Georgia, 2004
- MSW – Our Lady of the Lake University (San Antonio), 2001
- BA – LSU, 1997
- Fellow, Gerontological Society of America
- Hartford Foundation Faculty Scholar in Geriatric Social Work
- Developed the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology Program, LSU School of Social Work (2008)
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Aging & Social Work; Foundation Research; Program Evaluation; Intervention Research
Why did you start teaching?
To train the next generation(s) of gerontological social work practitioners and scholars.
What's the best advice that you have ever received?
Don't deny the inevitable.
What's the best advice that you could give your students?
Most people believe they can follow directions. Very few can actually do it well.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Anne Frank's "The Diary of a Young Girl."