Family Association Scholarship
2021-22 LSU Family Association Scholarships
The LSU Family Association Scholarship is awarded to students of Family Association members through a selection process that occurs annually at the beginning of the spring semester. We are excited to announce that we have awarded 20 outstanding LSU students for this year's 2021-2022 scholarship. Each recipient will receive a $1,000 scholarship - $500 for Fall 2021 and $500 for Spring 2022. Congratulations to our recipients!
The application process for our 2022-2023 LSU Family Association Scholarship will open in late February 2022. All LSU Family Association members will receive an email when the scholarship application opens.
- Student must be currently enrolled at Louisiana State University as a full-time undergraduate student.
- Student must be in good academic (minimum 2.0 GPA) and judiciary standing with the university.
- Student must be enrolled at Louisiana State University during each semester the award
is distributed (Fall 2022 and Spring 2023).
- Students on a co-op are not considered full-time, and so they are not eligible to receive the award during their co-op semester.
- Exception: Seniors who receive the Family Association Scholarship and are graduating in May 2023 may be below full-time.
- Family must be a current member of the LSU Family Association. Learn more about joining the Family Association.
- Completed the 2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- More details regarding applicant eligibility and the application process will be announced in late February.
- The following criteria may be considered when selecting applicants to advance to the second round of selections: academic achievement, involvement, leadership, and/or service in the LSU community.
- Students are encouraged to provide as much detail as possible in the in-school activity and out-of-school activity fields on the application.
- Only collegiate involvements will be taken into consideration for scoring purposes.
- Exception: Freshmen students may list in school and out-of-school activities from high school and college.
- All students must submit two essay responses and a résumé via the scholarship application.
- The 100 top scoring students will advance round 2 of the selections process.
- Students selected for the second round will be evaluated based on their two essay responses and résumé.
- Final LSU Family Association Scholarship recipients will be selected by a selection committee.
- We awarded 20 $1000 Family Association Scholarships for 2021-2022.
Please feel free to email the LSU Family Association at email@example.com or call (225) 578-1173 should you have any questions regarding the LSU Family Association Scholarship.