Elaina joined the COMD faculty in the Fall of 2015, as a Clinical Facutly Member at the LSU Speech, Language, Hearing Clinic. She has extensive experience in evaluation and treatment with the adult population presenting with stroke, brain injury, head and neck cancer, trach/vent, and other neurological disorders in the acute care, outpatient and rehabilitation settings. In addition, Elaina has been an active member of multidisciplinary teams, developed and provided education and training to patients,families and interdepartmental staff, and served as Program Director of an Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit. She currently supervises therapeutic intervention for adult neurological disorders and adult and child fluency disorders as well as coordinates the off campus screening clinic for area schools. Elaina is also a provider of the Parkinsons Voice Project SPEAK OUT! and LOUD Crowd.
Licensure and Certification
- American Speech Language Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology 1994 – Present
- Louisiana Board of Examiners for Speech Pathology and Audiology, Active License # 3380 1994 – Present
- Vital Stim Therapy Provider, License # 119857
- Parkinson's Voice Project SPEAK OUT! and LOUD Crowd Provider
Honors and Awards
- Team of the Month Award , TherEx, Inc.
- Presidents Council Award, National Rehab Partners
- Outpatient Satisfaction Award, Rehabilitation Hospital of Baton Rouge
M.A. Speech Language Pathology, Louisiana State University, 1993
B.A. Communication Sciences and Disorders, Louisiana State University, 1991