Faculty Senate Courses & Curricula Committee
Proposals may be submitted either via hard copy through campus mail or digital as either a PDF or Word document. Completed, signed proposals should be submitted to:
Attn: Andrea Abad
112 Thomas Boyd Hall
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Assistance or Additional Information
- Andrea Abad, Assistant Registrar
Office of the University Registrar
email@example.com or 225-578-4111
Dr. John Hopkins, Chair
Courses & Curricula Committee
Proposal Forms and Supplemental Information
- Form A – Request for Addition of a new course
- Sample Syllabus
- Syllabus Outline
- Proposals that include student fees see PS-42: Student Fees. Submit the Request for Fee Establishment/Adjustment Form with your proposal.
- New courses become effective for teaching purposes the next immediate semester following approval from Academic Affairs.
- Changes or drops of current courses become effective either the next immediate semester or academic year following approval from Academic Affairs. Effect dates for changes and drops are determined based on the changes requested.
- Curricular changes become effective the next academic year following approval from Academic Affairs and any additional approvals needed from either the Board of Supervisors or Board of Regents. Current proposals are being considered for the 2022-2023 academic year.
To be considered at the next C&C meeting your completed proposal must be signed by your Dean and College C&C committee and be received by the Registrar’s Office by the deadlines listed below:
2022 Spring Meetings
PLEASE NOTE: Proposals must be completed, signed and submitted by the deadline to be considered for a specific meeting. Proposals are reviewed in the order in which they are submitted and may be tabled to the next meeting date if time does not allow for proper review. When meetings are canceled for any reason, submissions will be tabled to the next committee meeting. Proposals for inclusion in the 2022-2023 General Catalog must be fully approved by February 4, 2022. All required signatures must be obtained by this date to guarantee inclusion.
|Meeting Dates||Submission Deadline|
|January 20, 2022||January 10, 2022|
|February 3, 2022||January 24, 2022|
|February 24, 2022||February 14, 2022|
|March 10, 2022||February 25, 2022|
|March 31, 2022||March 21, 2022|
|April 14, 2022||April 4, 2022|
|April 28, 2022||April 18, 2022|