Electrical Engineering Accreditation
The LSU Electrical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Consistent with LSU’s mission, electrical engineering graduates will:
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to engage in life-long learning through advanced education/degrees, professional development activities, or other career-appropriate options.
- Graduates employed in the computer engineering industry will demonstrate ability to succeed in their organizations through leadership, technical skills, effective teamwork abilities, communication capabilities, and other manifestations of their capability.
- Graduates who attend graduate school will succeed in graduate studies.
Program Student Outcomes
The electrical engineering program produces graduates who are prepared to enter the professional practice of electrical engineering with:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
|Academic Year||Enrollment*||Awarded Degrees|
*Enrollment counts include students who have declared this program as their major and are enrolled in the University Center for Freshman Year (UCFY), University Center for Advising and Counseling (UCAC), or College of Engineering.
**Number is preliminary.