- Be aware and be alert. Crime can happen anytime, anywhere!
- Walk with a purpose! Keep your eyes up and ears open! Do not walk looking down at your cell phone. Do not walk with ear buds in both ears. This can make you a potential victim of a crime.
- Always walk and talk with confidence! Head up and shoulders back!
- Have the LSU Shield app open in the event that you need to contact emergency services.
- Keep valuables in front pockets. If possible, try not to carry a large purse/bag.
- Avoid walking alone at night! Walk in groups of at least two or more.
- Avoid shortcuts and dark, isolated areas.
- If you feel threatened, cross the street, or enter a store or place of business and call 911 immediately!
- Report suspicious activity to LSU Police immediately.
General Safety Tips:
- Carry a photo ID with you at all times.
- Do not place your driver's license or Tiger Card facing out, inside the clear window of your wallet, where others can see it.
- Report security lighting concerns to Facility Services Work Control at 225-578-3186 or at email@example.com.
- The LSU campus embraces closed-circuit security monitoring and there are over 1300 cameras that are currently in use. Should you have questions regarding the security camera initiative, please contact LSU PD at 225-578-3231.