2024 LSU Summer Scholars Program
LSU University College’s Summer Scholars is a seven-week summer bridge program that prepares under-represented students to make a successful transition from high school to the University. This summer experience offers students the opportunity to become adjusted to the academic, personal, and social challenges they may encounter at LSU. Students are provided with a structured environment conducive to building the fundamental skills necessary to enhance the likelihood of successful completion of a baccalaureate degree. In addition to tutoring, students will attend academic and leadership development workshops, receive extensive academic counseling, and participate in social and cultural activities. Students selected as LSU Summer Scholars are awarded a summer only scholarship that covers tuition, housing, and a meal plan.
2024 Dates and Deadlines: Coming soon!
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Be admitted to LSU for the Summer 2023 or Fall 2023 semester terms as a first-year freshman
- Have a minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- Have a competitive ACT score or SAT score **Non-test applicants are welcome to apply**
- Be available to attend the Summer Scholars Program for the entire seven-week summer session: June 26 – August 8, 2023
- Be available to attend ALL classes during the LSU Summer Session C term: July 7 – August 7, 2023
- Plan to continue enrollment and graduate from Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College