Responsible Conduct in Research Training Guide
Instructions for accessing and registering for RCR Training through the CITI program.
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/
- Select New User – Register Here
- Under 1: Select your institution or organization, go to Participating Institutions
and scroll to Louisiana State University
- Under 2: Select your name and password, do so and verify password
- Under 3: Enter your Name, input your first and last names
- Under 4: Enter your email address, input your LSU email address
- Submit form
- On the next page you are required to fill out your Language Preference, your Institutional
Email Address, your Department (students should put in department of the grant), and
your Role in Research
- Submit this form, and the next page to come up is the menu for Responsible Conduct
of Research training. There are 7 options on this page:
- Biomedical Responsible Conduct of Research Course
- Social and Behavioral Responsible Conduct of Research Course
- Physical Science Responsible Conduct of Research Course
- Humanities Responsible Conduct of Research Course
- Responsible Conduct of Research for Engineers
- Responsible Conduct of Research for Administrators
- Not at this time, Thank you.
- Select the training course that has been approved by the Principal Investigator of
the grant you are affiliated with.
- On the following page you will be prompted on whether you want to affiliate with another
institution. Select NO unless the Principal Investigator for the grant you are affiliated
with has told you otherwise.
- You will then be brought to the main menu for the training program. Here there is
a link to View Louisiana State University Instructions Page. Go to this link and read
closely the instructions for completing the courses and getting your certificate of
- When you are done with the institution specific instructions, you can close that window
and go to My Courses on the Main Menu page and begin the program.
- Users can log on and off at any time and normally will take several sessions to complete
the training program (roughly 5-7 hours). Upon satisfactory completion of the program,
a copy of the completion certificate should be printed out and provided to the Principal
Investigator of the grant.