It is the student’s responsibility to qualify for the bachelor’s degree by meeting these requirements:
- Completing one of the established curricula–any substitutions from the curricula as published must have written approval of the department chair and Student Services.
- Achieving a 2.00 average, as required by the university, for all work taken at LSU and on all work attempted at U.S. institutions.
- Achieving a 2.00 average on all courses attempted in the major department at LSU and on all work attempted in the major field at U.S. institutions (with the exception of certain courses offered by the major departments for non-majors only). Civil engineering students must achieve a 2.00 average in all civil engineering (CE) and environmental engineering (EVEG) courses and on all work completed in the major field at U. S. institutions. Environmental engineering students must achieve a 2.00 average in all chemical engineering (CHE), civil engineering (CE), and environmental engineering (EVEG) courses and on all work completed in the major field at U.S. institutions. Industrial Engineering students must achieve a 2.0 average in all industrial engineering (IE) courses and construction management (CM) courses.
- Successfully completing a minimum of 30 hours of residence in the College of Engineering. These 30 hours are included in the university requirement that a minimum of 25 percent of the hours applied toward a degree be earned while in residence at the university. (These residence hours must include 15 hours of required major department courses or approved technical electives at the 3000- or 4000-level. Students must complete nine hours of these courses at the 4000-level in the major. The individual courses used to satisfy the residency requirement must be approved by the department chair.)
- Initiating the checkout procedure with the departmental advisor in the semester prior to the one in which the degree is to be awarded. The checkout is completed only when approved by Student Services and the Office of the University Registrar.