What We Do
Supporting the academic pursuits, personal wellbeing, and post-grad success of military-connected students
Our team is committed to guiding veterans, service members, dependents, and survivors toward academic excellence and personal success on campus and beyond graduation. To accomplish this, we:
- Support a seamless transition into collegiate life for military and veteran students
- Offer a welcoming Student Center space for students to gather, study, and dream
- Provide opportunities for students to build community through social events, student organizations, and the greater military-connected community
- Assist students in navigating their education benefits
- Provide connections and referrals to help students achieve personal wellbeing and professional goals
Our motto is, "Serving veterans and service members as they pursue a new mission."
Our Work in Action
"...the opportunities to help me achieve my goals."Cornel Sims Jr., LSU Social Work Graduate, pictured Left “The Center gave me a place that I felt understood and listened to. When I need information, books, food, or a quiet place to study, it was my favorite place to go. Through the Center, I found the resources, social activities, and guidance I needed to become even more successful and fulfill a better education. Myself and other students obtained jobs and connections with other veterans from all over the country by attending NatCon. Without the Center, I wouldn’t have the advantages I have now and I thank them for giving me the opportunities to help me achieve my goals."