Business Residential College
A Living-Learning Community of Future Business Leaders
The Business Residential College (BRC) is a living-learning community for business students. BRC residents live and learn together in reserved sections of core first-year business classes. West Hall houses group study and meeting rooms where supplemental instruction and tutoring opportunities are available. Academic advisors and instructors hold office hours on-site. More about West Hall.
BRC residents participate in a GBUS 1000 course which includes visits from business professionals, résumé and interviewing workshops, and events designed to introduce them to the business climate and aid in a successful first year. This course is only available to BRC residents.
Students residing in living-learning communities are more engaged in their studies, strengthening academic performance and learning skills and improving overall satisfaction. These results appear across a variety of institutions with diverse student populations.
- Live and take classes, sometimes in the residence halls in the community, with their peers in BRC, creating a smaller network within the larger LSU campus.
- Course scheduling assistance for the fall and spring semesters with space in specific courses reserved for BRC students.
- Network with faculty members and Ourso College administrators.
- Discover leadership potential, develop communication skills, acclimate to business culture, and transition into the college and the larger university community.
- Explore different career opportunities within each business major.
- In-community tutoring and faculty office hours.
- Gain skills on topics like résumé writing and business etiquette for post-graduation through seminars offered through the college.
- Network with industry leaders and business professionals through lectures and workshops designed to expose students to real-life business experiences.
- A convenient location near the Pete Maravich Assembly Center, the beach volleyball courts, and The 5 Dining Hall.
- Two-student, connecting style suite bathrooms, secure access to the building and floors, and several amenities, including a computer lab, laundry room, and several dedicated study areas throughout the building.
Business Residential College - West Hall